Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Warehouses of Wonder - Part 2

On a warm night last summer my husband and I were strolling home from the Crocker Art Museum and noticed a lot of action in this unassuming warehouse on 3rd street.


The doors were all open for the river breeze and it was bustling with - wait for it - weight lifters!

On another walk home from the Crocker I saw it again. This time I went in to investigate.


The name, Midtown Strength and Conditioning had me baffled, but co-owner Tara Getty explained that they had the name before they had the space.

From the flags to the photographs, it has a fun, community vibe.


I didn't expect a gym to look so inviting, but the big surprise for me was the art - reason enough to check it out.



I especially like the eyeballs...



No comments:

Post a Comment