Friday, January 27, 2012

Early Start to the Weekend at Old Ironsides

I hear a lot of fun happens in this little building on the SE corner of 10th and S Streets.


When I first moved to Southside Park I was put off by the long lines of folks waiting to get in. But when I got word that Ha'penny Bridge, my friend's Chico-based band, was playing there this week I thought I'd go. It was a Thursday night. No lines, right?

Who would have thought that over 100 people would be rocking at Old Ironsides on a week night? And stranger yet, turn out to hear an IRISH BAND?


The biggest surprise was that my premium martini was well made and ONLY $6! Now I need to go back and try their lunch.

1 comment:

  1. I always liked that old building... but it was one joint that escaped me, I don't know why. I think I went in one time to see what it looked like, but never sat at the bar. My parents loved to go there for Oso Bucco, I think on Thursdays for lunch. But that was a long time ago. Let me know if they are still doing OB... well, you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete