Thursday, December 29, 2011

All-American Activity


Walking through the park yesterday I met Giovanni, Aaron and Alex who introduced me to winter fishing. Their tackle box was very bright against rocks.


They were hoping for bluegill and catfish. Their job is to catch the fish and then one of their grandmas has the cleaning and cooking job.


Looks as if the grandma is off the hook - so to speak - today.


I was disappointed to miss seeing them reel something in but they happily told me to come back in the summer when the fishing is better. In the meantime I enjoyed the view of bare branches against the December sky...


...and their watery reflection.

1 comment:

  1. Even on a grey day, it is beautiful in the park... and beautifully captured. I'm sure those boys were pleased to have a visit by the Southside Park Chronicler.

    ReplyDelete