Monday, December 12, 2011

Round the Clock Festivites

Today is the big day for Our Lady of Guadalupe, December 12th, and the neighborhood is jumping. It has a very south-of-the-border feeling but it is just Southside Park. Another day in our remarkable neighborhood.

I love the clothing on this family who were headed to church at about noon today.


Outside the church this vendor begged me to take his photo. He was so cheerful, how could I resist?


Across the street from him was this display. I was worried it would collapse under the sheer weight of all they had to offer but it held all day.


I stopped by again tonight to see what was going on and you really could feel the excitement in the air. The patrons and worshipers were still out in full force and the vendors remained hopeful.


Tomorrow may seem dull by comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment