Saturday, December 3, 2011

Good Grub

The space under the freeway between 6th and 8th Streets is full of cars on weekdays and farmers on Sundays but on Saturdays it is bleak and empty except for the occasional skate boarder. So it was fun to see all that space filled today, brimming with families and music at the SactoMoFo III.

Food vendor trucks were lined up like wagons around the campfire and, despite the wind, there were substantial lines at the 11 AM opening.


We bought our grub from Wicked 'wich, which was appropriate as my first dramatic role was as the Wicked Witch of the West in summer theater in the early '60s.

I ordered the Impersonator - billed as having Nutella, bananas, bacon and honey - but when I bit into it the Nutella was replaced with peanut butter. Intense! Good thing I split it with a friend.




Bananas or not, I hope they do this every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment