Wednesday, December 7, 2011

These Boots are Made for Walking

One of the things I love about living in Southside Park is that I can walk to almost anything I need. I've been doing a lot of walking lately.

After walking over to Insight Coffee and enjoying the brew and this view from their front counter...


...I decided my poor boots needed a little professional attention so I walked down U Street to Schroeder's on 10th.


The owner, Steve, is not much for chatting but his cobbling is excellent and he fixed my boots on the spot. While I was there a customer from Elk Grove stopped by to pick up her boots so I had a chance to look around. 


When I pointed out this yellowed clipping and told him he didn't look much like a Schroeder, he just laughed. I never did find out why the business was called Schroeder's.


He may not talk much but he's fast, does quality work at a fair price and stocks most of what you need to care for your footwear.





No comments:

Post a Comment